Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dog Days Nine Patch Sparkle



This is a Quilt that I recently gave to my sister for her birthday.  I called it "Dog Days". The Quilt pattern is called a Nine Patch Sparkle. I was facinated by the look of this quilt.  The blocks are small; either 2 3/4 inches or 3 1/2 inches.  There is one nine patch and one plain square of one of the fabrics from the nine patch.  There are 15 squares in a row.   This quilt had 4 fabric which were used in the combinations in the nine patch blocks and each fabric is used in a plain square. There were  alot of blocks but it looks more complicated than it is.  When I saw this book at " A Touch of Amish", a fabric story in Barrington, I just had to have it. 




Aren't the faces adorable? Sue picked the dog print and the rest of the fabric came from my stash except the tan fabric and the back and binding fabric. I just knew I was saveing those great fabric for this special project. I found a real cute fabric for the back too.  


This is the fabric I used on the back. These dogs are so cute. The longer you look at it the more that you see. I made sure I had extra fabric because I am sure that I can find another use for this fabric.  I have three sets of fabric waiting for future projects. They will be very different then my first project.  Hope you enjoy!  If you have any questions, give me a yell!

Happy Sewing!

Jan




Design came from the reference :

Radiant Sunshine and Shadow 23 Quilts with Nine Patch Sparkle
by Helen Frost and  Catherine Skow 
Published by C and T Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment