Monday, June 27, 2016

Stack N' Wack

Our Wednesday Quilt group got on a binge this winter and we decided to do Stack n' Wacks.  and we did alot of them.  Personally I only did one but several of the ladies did more than one. Mine is called "Running with the wind."  It was a horse fabric. The background fabric was way outside of the box for me.  It was a pumpkin or paprika blender fabric which would not normally be a color I would look for but it was perfect with these block.

Initial Layout without corners and insets.

With borders
 The first border is a light teal blue and the large outer border is a great choice which that brought out all the colors in the blocks except the darkest browns and black.


Close up of blocks

Fabric was of horses


After completing this quilt I can see why so many of the girls decide to do more than one.  They are addictive. Once I get it quilted...I'll post a picture again...

Happy Sewing,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment