Monday, June 27, 2016

Quilting on Wednesday with my Quilt group

I thought I would show you some of the stuff I have been doing.  Did a donation quilt for the local hospital.  Well, My sister had the quilt top...so all I did was quilt.  But it was fun anyway.




I have found a wonderful group of ladies to sew with  bi-weekly on Wednesday.... We meet on the First and Third Wednesday of the month to sew. (sometimes more often) It is an open sew...you can work on what ever your current project is. Or if you need to finish something from a class you took...And sometimes we have classes.  Last winter we worked on a Rapid Fire Hunter Star... It was a class that several of the ladies took in the Marlette Quilt shop.Then they came back and show us how to make one too.  It is a two fabric quilt and I was bound and determined to use fabric from my stash.  I had a great oriental fabric that fit the bill!


Sewing production style at home...I got it finished and set out once again to find a border. This time I was looking for a small inner border...Never did find anything I liked so I decided to not have one.  I just sewed on the wide border from my original oriental peacock and called it good!

 Here is the block.  And  then the quilt top with all the blocks put together while deciding on the borders... This one is waiting for me to quilt this winter too.  With the garden and all the yard work...there just isn't as much time to quilt on the long arm...so they become winter projects...

I had so much trouble deciding on an inside border that I left it off all together.

(this is a blog I wrote last fall and forgot to post during my busy garden harvesting time...so now I have even more projects that I need to quilt...

Happy sewing!

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment