Sunday, March 13, 2011

New projects a whirl......

Well, my head has been full of gold and navy fabric…I have had this pieced border in my head and I thought that it was what I needed for my Christmas Star block quilt.  So today I was making the border.  I love it but…..


It will not work for the Christmas Star block quilt! So a new project is whirling around in my head that will use this beautiful combination of fabric. I think this is the first time that I started a quilt with the border!!!


Since this border will need to be for a different project, I looked through my stash and I have found fabric which will work for the borders of the Christmas Star Quilt.  I did spend some time this weekend looking for the Navy and Gold Moda fabric which I had used in the background of the Christmas Star Quilt just incase I needed a bit more.  I found it online but I know that I had found it locally recently too and it surprised me.  I always prefer to buy locally and support our local business but I can’t find it..

In the mean time with St Patrick's day looming there is a lot of Green fabric on sale right now..so I supported the local fabric shops again…..I see some table runner projects in my near future…

And a few for spring too!


So as soon as I get the border on the Christmas Star Quilt…I’ll show it to you…I see some Cinco de Mayo projects too…

Happy sewing!

Jan







No comments:

Post a Comment