Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Stars on a Christmas Night"

The Christmas Star Quilt is complete. I'm going to call it, "Stars on a Christmas Night".  It was so much fun to first exchange the twelve in blocks with all the ladies from the yahoo group. 
These are the 24 blocks which I sent to Kim in Ohio. In return a few weeks later, I recieved 24 blocks in return. One of block from each of the sets of blocks that she recieved. It was so much fun to open the package and see all these beautiful Star blocks!

Then the search was on for for just the right back ground fabric and decision on how would I set the block in the quilt. It did not take me long to decided on the dark blue Moda Fabric with the gold metallic stars.  After laying out the blocks, I decided that I was a couple of blocks short for what I wanted to do so I made two additional blocks including the Lone Star in the center.


After a few nights of sewing the blocks were complete and it was time to put the top together.

Then it was time for a border or two. After much thought, I decided to add a one inch white border followed by a three inch Green border and a five inch red border. So here it is...all done.


Since I am so new at machine quilting, I'll be sending this out to be quilted. They plan to display some of these Star Quilts in the MQX West Quilt Show in Portland in the fall.



SO here it is...."Stars on a Christmas Night"

Happy Quilting. The new projects....they are brewing!




Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment